Keep your home running smoothly by taking care of plumbing maintenance. Regularly inspect key plumbing fixtures and address minor issues before they turn into an emergency. Be sure to follow the checklist below so you don’t miss anything.
- Check the faucet for leaks.
- Replace worn out washers or cartridges.
- Look for signs of water damage.
- Look for weak water pressure or an irregular spray pattern.
- Remove and clean the aerator by soaking it in vinegar.
- Clear tub, shower, and sink drains using boiling water or baking soda and vinegar.
- Look for leaks around the toilet base and replace the wax ring, if necessary.
- Inspect caulking and seal gaps with fresh caulk.
- Tighten P-trap fittings in sink drains.
- Replace leaking or corroded strainer baskets.
- Address clogs by running a mild homemade drain cleaner through the kitchen sink.
- Repair leaky faucets.
- Inspect and test the shutoff valves that control water supply to the faucet, dishwasher, and refrigerator.
- Inspect and tighten the connections in the garbage disposal.
- Replace leaking gaskets.
- Clean the garbage disposal.
- Inspect the water discharge hose for clogs or pinching.
- Replace the filter in the refrigerator.
- Check the water supply hose to the refrigerator and replace, if necessary.
Septic and Sewer
- Regularly inspect the septic system.
- Schedule professional sewer service to prevent floor drains from backing up into the home.
- Look for signs of a sewer drain clog.
- Inspect the vent pipes that extend through the roof for signs of blockage.
- Look for water leaks in the cold water inlet pipe and hot water exit pipe above the water heater.
- Inspect the base of the water heater for signs of a leak caused by a faulty temperature and pressure relief valve, or a bad drain valve.
- Flush the water heater tank every few years.
- Inspect the shutoff valves and replace faulty ones.
- Test the sump pump.
- Inspect outdoor hose spigots for signs of leaks and cracks.
- Inspect the lawn sprinkler system.
- Inspect the water hoses connecting to the washing machine.
- Test water pressure using a pressure gauge.
If you’d like the professionals to handle plumbing maintenance, call Blue Apple today for plumbing services in Las Vegas and surrounding areas.